The NLC Leadership Programme empowers senior leaders from across the public sector to work together to realise their potential.
Every year The National Leadership Centre invites a selection of the UK’s most senior leaders from across the spectrum of public services to come together for a challenging, supportive and stretching twelve month development programme.
- 100 senior public leaders from across all public services
- Three residential modules over 12 months
- Be inspired by world leaders in systems and collective leadership
- In-depth psychometric analysis and coaching support
- At locations across England and online
The most difficult challenges faced by public services are complex and cross-cutting. People in charge of organisations are trying to achieve strategic outcomes that they can only partly influence. Being accountable for the whole organisation means overseeing a wider range of expertise.
To help people make the best of a move into these roles, the National Leadership Centre is delivering a flagship leadership programme, the first of its kind in bringing together top leaders from across the country.
We support leaders to become more adaptive, connected, open, informed, focused and ethical. In doing so, we are empowering the next generation of leaders to make an even bigger difference to the lives of citizens across the country.
The programme will seek to transform the leadership of public services by:
- providing leaders with insights and experience from some of the world’s foremost academics, practitioners and leaders
- delivering opportunities to learn from real-time simulations
- facilitating internationally acclaimed analysis, insight and guidance into participants’ leadership styles and how they can develop and progress
- building a strong network of leaders who have a wide understanding of the work and challenges of their public sector peers
Would you like to take part in the flagship NLC Programme?
We welcome applications from outstanding Chief Executives (and equivalent) of publicly funded organisations delivering public services.
Given the seniority and capability of our cohort, we will take around 100 delegates each year who we expect to be recognised as some of the best leaders in their field or sector. This includes, but is not exclusive to:
- Chief Executives of County Councils, London Boroughs and Unitary Authorities
- NHS Chief Executives and Regional Directors
- University Vice Chancellors
- CEOs of large academy chains and Principals of major Further Education colleges
- Civil Service Director Generals
- Chief Constables
- Chief Fire Officers
- CEOs of major housing providers
- Senior 2* and 3* military officers
This programme is aimed at people who are less than 2 years into their first CEO role.
If you are at a different point in your career, but nevertheless feel that you would benefit from this programme and provide an outstanding return on our investment, we would like to hear from you.
Download the Programme Brochure PDF, 2.9MB, 12 pages.