The NLC leadership programmes help public sector leaders develop advanced skills and networks that are needed as they take on the most senior position within an organisation.
Every year, the National Leadership Centre invites a selection of the country’s most senior leaders from across public services to come together for challenging, supportive and stretching development programmes.
The NLC runs two programmes for public sector leaders.
Public Leaders Programme
- 100 outstanding CEO-level leaders from across the NLC network
- Two residential modules over 12 months
- Be inspired by world leaders in systems and collective leadership
- In-depth psychometric analysis
- At locations across England and online
- You can register your interest from November 2021
- Around 20 high performing ethnic minority leaders from across public services who are aiming to become CEO-level leaders within their respective fields
- Intensive residential training and webinars
- World class content and inspiring speakers
- Matched with sponsors with a personal commitment to recognise and give visibility to each delegate
- You can register your interest from September 2021
These programmes help leaders to become more adaptive, connected, informed, and ethical. In doing so, they empower the next generation of leaders to make an even bigger difference to the lives of citizens across the country.
Systems Improvement Projects
The programmes are always evolving in response to feedback and new research into what works and has a lasting impact. In its second year, the Public Leaders Programme will encourage delegates to ‘pay forwards’ their experience of participating through system improvement projects.
The projects will focus on a national challenge which requires a system wide approach from various public sector organisations across the country. The programme delegates may test small scale interventions within their own organisations before iterating and expanding them to others in different sectors as they learn what works. Alternatively, group members may choose to work together on one larger initiative.
For updates on progress and outcomes from these projects, have a look at the NLC Latest pages as the work starts from September 2021.
For more information about the programmes, please get in touch with the NLC team.