Come and work in the NLC
We will post vacancies here as and when they arise.
What does the NLC do?
The National Leadership Centre (NLC) is a unique unit in the Civil Service. Our mission is a cross-public sector, cross-country one.
The NLC helps the country’s most senior public service leaders develop the skills, knowledge and networks required to address society’s most complex strategic challenges. We work with the senior leaders of NHS Trusts, Local Authorities, the Civil Service, Universities, and more.
Our work has three core objectives:
- Demonstrably improve the quality of public service leadership
- Facilitate effective collaboration between public service leaders
- Through research, improve the understanding of public sector leadership and its relationship with social and economic wellbeing
To do this, we have four teams:
- Programme – running exceptional programmes for public service leaders
- Network – a professional hub for all public service leaders to support collaboration between leaders and subject matter experts
- Research – better understanding of public service leadership and the impact of the NLC
- Engagement – working across each of NLC’s work strands, we turn evidence into great content to help leaders improve public services
As a team, we take a user first approach to all of our work. The NLC’s main users are the members of our CEO network, NLC Programme delegates, and internal decision makers – including Government Ministers. Everything we do has to have an impact and be useful for them.
Why work in the NLC?
Our roles are for someone who wants to have a real impact on the country and deliver lasting work. We want you to bring your best experience, ideas, and passion and create something great.
The NLC is a great place to learn. We think personal and professional growth is really important, so we provide a structured development plan for every team member. Right at the heart of that is access to the public sector in a truly unique way – you’ll go and see different parts of the sector work, hear from brilliant speakers, and grow your skills in this unique context. With support from the entire NLC team, you can learn and develop here very quickly.
When you work for the NLC, you’ll also be a Civil Servant in the Cabinet Office, which brings lots more benefits. Click the job links above for more information.
Good luck with your application!